Information for you
• On arrival at the salon you will be asked to complete a confidential health questionnaire. In cases were there is a medical concern, we may not be able to provide you with your chosen treatment. Certain medical conditions may also preclude you from taking part in some of the spa and leisure facilities available here at Dunston Hall Hotel.
• In cases where there is any health concern we will do our best to offer an alternative treatment providing we believe it is safe to do so.
• If you have a medical condition or health concern we would always recommend you consult with your doctor/consultant before making a booking with us. He may suggest you limit or avoid our full range of spa treatments and spa facilities, for example massage treatments, steam room, sauna, etc.
• If you wish to have a spa treatment or use the spa facilities and you have any of the following, please consult with your doctor/consultant before booking (we may need written evidence of your fitness to participate).
• You are currently receiving radiotherapy or chemotherapy for the treatment of cancer
• You have had surgery within the last three months
• You suffer from heart or circulatory disorders, high or low blood pressure
• You have epilepsy or asthma
• You have had a deep vein thrombosis
• You are pregnant/breast feeding
• Please tell us if you have any nut allergies (many of the products we use contain almond oils)
• We regret we are unable to provide spa treatments if you are suffering from an infectious disease or open sores or wounds.
• It is important to disclose any medical conditions or medication at time of booking. If you fail to reveal any condition that may impede your participation in spa treatments spa facilities, refunds will not be given.
Mechanical & Electrical Breakdowns
• Any mechanical or electrical breakdowns, which occur on the premises, are usually beyond our control, although we will try to repair any such fault as soon as possible.
• No refunds will be given unless any such breakdown is due to the negligence of the Company or its employees or agents.
• No responsibility can be accepted by the Company for the safety of money or valuables of any kind.
• If you do bring valuable items it is essential they be covered by your own insurance as The Company will not be liable, under any circumstances whatsoever, for damage, injury or consequential Loss, however caused, unless it is solely due to negligence of the Company, its employees or agents.
• Mobile phones are not permitted in any of the public areas
• The Lilac Room regrets it is unable to provide spa treatments for young persons under the age of 16.
• The salon is not a suitable place for babies and small children, we therefore politely request that you do not bring children under 12 into the salon.
Smoking & Alcohol
• Smoking is not permitted in the salon/spa
• No alcohol is to be brought onto the premises
Local Client Preferred Prices
• Local clients receive preferred discounts off website prices on treatments only. Discount is not available on the sale of spa days, treatment packages, retail products or gift vouchers.
Dunston Hall Golf and/or Leisure Members Discount
• Members receive 20% discount on website prices Monday to Thursday. Discount is not available on the sale of spa days, treatment packages retail products or gift vouchers.
• In providing your details to The Lilac Room, we can assure you that we do not share your information with any third parties.
. Your information will automatically be used for our marketing purposes, for example our Email Newsletter, keeping you up to date with news, competitions, but of course you can unsubscribe at any time.
• When making a booking over the phone using your vouchers, you must quote your voucher number & expiry date. Bookings cannot be made without this information.
• Please ensure you bring your redeemable Gilt Voucher on the day to present on arrival. Non presentation of your gift voucher will necessitate a full charge being made until the gift voucher is presented.
• If full/part payment for your visit is by a Gift Voucher this will be deemed void if you fail to arrive. Cash refunds cannot be made against Gift Vouchers.
• The Lilac Room gift vouchers should be redeemed against goods/services to the equivalent/greater value than the face value of the voucher. Change and credit on account cannot be given.
• Gilt Vouchers can only be used as payment for goods and services on the property. Gift Vouchers cannot be used to purchase other Gift Vouchers.
• Gift Vouchers are valid for 6 months from date of purchase, and cannot be extended under any circumstances.
Booking a Spa Treatment
Your credit card details are required at the time of booking. We require 24 hours notice of cancellation otherwise the full cost of the treatment will be charged to your credit card.
Bookings for Groups - 3 or more
50% deposit is required at the time of booking and the final balance is required 14
days prior to your booking.
• No reminders are sent to chase balance payments. In the event of non-payment for whatever reason, the Company may refuse admission, or cancel the reservation and the deposit will be forfeited.
•If you wish to cancel a group booking we require 7 days notice in writing/email. No refund will apply for cancellations outside this time.
Packages & Spa Breaks - General
• No reservation can be accepted as binding unless accompanied by full payment, subject to payment terms.
•In exceptional/necessary circumstances The Lilac Room reserves the right to offer an alternative date or cancel the spa, day, pamper, treatment or break bookings with full refund to the payee.
• No refund will be given for early departure unless caused by significant acts of negligence on the part of Dunston Hall Hotel, The Lilac Room and or its staff.
• All tariffs are inclusive of VAT at the current rate. Most major credit cards are accepted with the exclusion of American Express and Diners Club. We no longer accept cheques.
• The Lilac Room will require credit card details to guarantee any booking.
• The lilac Room reserves the right at all times to cancel or terminate any reservation without notice or reason.
Details, Payment & Cancellation
• Please note that we limit the number of day guests we can accommodate per day.
• Please note lnclusive spa therapies within Spa Days/Spa Packages I Spabreaks are non-transferable and non-refundable. To avoid disappointment, additional spa therapies should be booked at the time of making your spa day reservation.
• Extra spa treatments will be charged at the rates shown by The Lilac Room at its premises.
• Regarding payment for Spa Days/Spa Packages full payment is required at time
of booking. Payment for additional spa treatments must also be made at time of booking the spa day.
• Payment for additional purchases, must be made on departure. The Lilac Room requires credit card details for all other bookings.
• Regarding cancellation for Spa Days/Spa Packages/Spabreaks the cancellation must be made in writing by post I e-mail. Date of arrival at the Company will be the accepted date. The Company will apply the following charges per person for cancellations/amendments:
• Cancellation within 7 days of arrival date: Full payment.
• Alterations to Spa Days/Spa Packages I Spabreaks bookings: £10 administration fee•.
"Please note: to change your reservation to another date we require a minimum of 7 days notice.
. Non arrival without notice: Full payment.
• Cancellation of additional spa treatments within 24 hours: Full cost of spa treatments
• No reminders are sent to chase balance payments. In the event of non-payment
for whatever reason, the Company may refuse admission, or cancel the reservation and the deposit will be forfeited.
•Inclusive spa therapies within spa breaks are non-transferable and non- refundable. To avoid disappointment. additional spa therapies should be booked at the time of making your short break reservation.
• Please arrive 15 minutes prior to your allotted appointment time in order to complete your pre-treatment consultation card.
Spa Treatments (general)
• Each therapist is qualified in different spa treatments;therefore we cannot guarantee that all spa treatments will be available at all times. particularly in the case of our more specialised spa treatments.
• All spa treatment durations are provided as a guide only, and take into account preparation, consultation and relaxation time.
• The Company shall not be held responsible for spa treatments that are either missed or shortened as a result of clients/guests arriving late for their appointment/package. In these circumstances no refund or other form of compensation shall be available or offered.